Languages for For Live Coding. The ones with community links are probably a good place for beginners.
- SuperCollider (community | examples) - C and smalltalk based language, for live coding sound synthesis and musical patterns via JITLib and GraphicsSpace
- ChucK (community) - strongly timed on-the-fly language featuring the Audicle and miniAudicle
- fluxus (community | examples)- Scheme based, centres around game engine, primarily for VJing but has a secret synthesiser
- Impromptu (community | examples)
- packet forth
- musique littérale, built with Quoth, in turn built with Squeak
- noisepattern (part of http://www.pawfal.org/Software/livenoisetools/ )
- Ruby(druby,irb,rjb) | JSyn (Client-Server)
- Flaxus, Toplap flash based application
- SSCLib built with SuperCollider for live slow coding
- ixi lang - A high level live coding language built on top of SuperCollider. More info on the ixilang page.
- field - A hybrid development environment for making digital art
- context free music language (cfml) - a library/sublanguage for Impromptu
- Extempore (community) - A live-coding environment and which borrows a core foundation from the Impromptu environment
- live-processing - A Processing clone with livecode capabilities.
- Overtone (community) - an open source audio environment designed for collaborative live coding implemented in Clojure.
- Conductive - a library for Haskell
- Music-As-Data - An open source language for live programming music in Clojure
- LuaAV - Real-time audiovisual scripting environment using Lua
- clive - live code JACK audio DSP callbacks in C, with auto git commit / recompile / reload / rerun on the fly, memory state preserved between reloads, colourized diffs and error messsages
- tracker.el - work-in-progress emacs-based tracker-like sequencer using elisp code to generate events
- perl-live - emacs+perl live coding environment
Graphical / visual / game-based languages
- The Thingee + ThingeeLanguage
- betablocker Gameboy version
- Al-Jazari (refused TOPLAP approval, entering third tribunal at dynamic high court)
- TOPLAPapp:an iPhone/iPod Touch live coding musical puzzle game
- Text - A visual language based on Haskell
- Pure Data - An open-source dataflow programming language for multimedia
- Max/MSP/Jitter - A dataflow programming language for multimedia
- Meemoo - A framework that connects open-source modules, powered by any web technology