All Things Live Coding
For the latest, comprehensive list of TOPLAP systems, please see the All Things Live Coding list.
The following unmaintained list is mainly for historical interest. Please see the above link for the latest stuff.
- SuperCollider (community | examples) - C and smalltalk based language, for live coding sound synthesis and musical patterns via JITLib and GraphicsSpace
- ChucK (community) - strongly timed on-the-fly language featuring the Audicle and miniAudicle
- fluxus (community | examples)- Scheme based, centres around game engine, primarily for VJing but has a secret synthesiser
- Impromptu (community | examples)
- packet forth
- musique littérale, built with Quoth, in turn built with Squeak
- noisepattern (part of http://www.pawfal.org/Software/livenoisetools/ )
- Ruby(druby,irb,rjb) | JSyn (Client-Server)
- Flaxus, Toplap flash based application
- SSCLib built with SuperCollider for live slow coding
- ixi lang - A high level live coding language built on top of SuperCollider. More info on the ixilang page.
- field - A hybrid development environment for making digital art
- context free music language (cfml) - a library/sublanguage for Impromptu
- Extempore (community) - A live-coding environment and which borrows a core foundation from the Impromptu environment
- live-processing - A Processing clone with livecode capabilities.
- Overtone (community) - an open source audio environment designed for collaborative live coding implemented in Clojure.
- Conductive - a library for Haskell
- Music-As-Data - An open source language for live programming music in Clojure
- LuaAV - Real-time audiovisual scripting environment using Lua
- clive - live code JACK audio DSP callbacks in C, with auto git commit / recompile / reload / rerun on the fly, memory state preserved between reloads, colourized diffs and error messsages
- tracker.el - work-in-progress emacs-based tracker-like sequencer using elisp code to generate events
- perl-live - emacs+perl live coding environment
- Cyril - An open source language for visual live coding
- Afterglow - Open source live coding environment for light shows based on Clojure and the Open Lighting Architechture.
Graphical / visual / game-based languages
- The Thingee + ThingeeLanguage
- betablocker Gameboy version
- Al-Jazari (refused TOPLAP approval, entering third tribunal at dynamic high court)
- TOPLAPapp:an iPhone/iPod Touch live coding musical puzzle game
- Text - A visual language based on Haskell
- Pure Data - An open-source dataflow programming language for multimedia
- Max/MSP/Jitter - A dataflow programming language for multimedia
- Meemoo - A framework that connects open-source modules, powered by any web technology
- afterglow-max - Hosts Afterglow (see previous section) inside Max/MSP/Jitter (and presumably Pure Data, though I have not tested that yet).