[livecode] Re: Network Music Festival // 15-18th July 2020 // OPEN CALL

From: Malitzin Cortes <cortesana.malinali_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 09:56:24 -0500

Hi Shelly!!
Thanks to include toplpa.mx in this event, we are really excited.

I sen you a couple of linea about toplap.mx and the algorave VR

*TOPLAP MX* is a space that seeks to explore and promote live coding and
its aspects, as well as the dialogue between art and technology in Latin
America and the world, we are interested in the dissemination of free
knowledge, creative code and audiovisual practices with programming

*Algorave VR* emerged as a proposal that seeks to share the sound and
visual work of artists from the code rethinking the virtual space from the
e- body.
We use the mozilla hubs platform, which is currently growing and is open
source, in order to provide alternatives to our users, through VR glasses
(oculus, htc vive) and through the website on computers.

We modeled an abandoned factory to play with the real image of some
physical venues in the CDMX highly requested by the electronic music
scenes, as well as the nostagia of the underground concerts of the first
years of electronic music.

Being able to offer the public the possibility of having a body and feel
the scale of a space has generated different reflections on coexistence
that already existed online (second life) but adapting to the needs of
socialization (through chats) in the scenic events in these times of forced
confinement and pandemic crisis.

We have discovered in this first exercise of virtual space for algorave, a
space where the public also coexists with another public, they take selfies
or photographs within the virtual venue, share them in networks, dance,
personalize their avatar, and really enjoy from other dimensions the sound,
the code and the visuals of the performers.

Thanks Shelly. cheers

El jue., 23 abr. 2020 a las 10:56, Shelly Knotts (<
shelly.knotts_at_hotmail.co.uk>) escribió:

> Dear friends of Network Music,
>

> We're happy to announce that after a 6 years break, the Network Music
> Festival is back for an entirely online 4th edition. Responding to the mass
> move to online music making during the 2020 global pandemic and with
> increasing concern among artistic communities about the climate emergency,
> the festival is returning for a global fourth edition, which will take
> place entirely online *15-18th July 2020*. Full festival info at:
> https://networkmusicfestival.org/
>

> We are launching an *OPEN CALL* for *performances* and *workshops* from
> locations anywhere in the world. Submissions can address any aspect of
> networked music making, but we're particularly interested in submissions
> that address this year's theme of *communities near and far:* *As many
> people find themselves socially distant, the importance of community is
> transformed. People rely on sound to bridge physical gaps, from singing or
> applauding out their windows, to connecting with others online. Our
> connections, then, are either intensely local, or virtually borderless. We
> stay in touch with friends and neighbours, but also find that collaborating
> across the world is not harder than collaborating across town. In this
> year’s festival, we want to celebrate and strengthen the musical
> communities people have built with networking tools, as well as exploring
> the aesthetics, performance practice and technologies around topics such as
> web-streaming, multi-location performance, collaborative music making
> environments, accessible and sustainable performance practice and more.*
>
> ​​​​​​
>
> As well as a general call for performances and workshops that fit under
> the festival themes, we also have four special performance calls: MIMIC
> New Works <http://networkmusicfestival.org/open-call/#MIMIC>, New to
> Networking <http://networkmusicfestival.org/open-call/#newnet>, VR
> Algorave <http://networkmusicfestival.org/open-call/#algorave> and Student
> Works <http://networkmusicfestival.org/open-call/#student>. We have an ‘
> Other <http://networkmusicfestival.org/open-call/#other>’ category for
> submissions in other formats that fit with the theme and online format of
> the festival.​​​​​​​
>
> We are keen to encourage submissions from performers who are new to
> networked music making, and entry level workshops for beginners.
>
> More info and submission forms are online at:
> https://networkmusicfestival.org/open-call/
>

> *The deadline for the open call is 7th May 2020 (this will NOT be
> extended)! *
>
> If you have any questions get in touch at:
> contact_at_networkmusicfestival.org
>

> Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/networkmusicfestival/
>
> Twitter: https://twitter.com/NetMusicFest
>
> Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/networkmusicfestival

*  Malitzin Cortés*
  class *CNDSD* {
  float *musician, **artist, programmer; *
  Cndsd (float y, float x, float s) {
    musician = y;
    artist = x;
    programmer = s;