[livecode] we.lurk.org mailing lists - end of life

From: Alex McLean <alex_at_slab.org>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2019 09:29:37 +0100

Hi all,

It's nearing the time to shut down we.lurk.org. I seem to be the only
admin left and don't have time to maintain it properly - the (mailman
3) software installation has problems and I haven't managed to sort it
out over the last year or so. I'm unclear whether this server is
backed up, and while it's very kindly hosted by an organisation for
free, I don't have a direct relationship with them. The mailing lists
aren't used enough to justify sorting all this out.

Due to the precarity of the situation, these mailing lists may
disappear without warning, but I'll try to keep them going until
August.

For live coding-related discussion and debate, please join us on
https://toplap.lurk.org/ . You can adjust your settings there to turn
on 'mailing list mode', to interact with the forums over email. For
higher traffic live coding chatter, join us on http://talk.lurk.org/ .

Thanks for participating in these mailing lists, some of which have
been going for approaching two decades. I've made many good friends
through these lists. It's funny to think about now but I have warm
memories of these mailing lists being deeply immersive environments
for intense and heartfelt discussion, through the unifying medium of
text, creating strong connections between those involved. I hope those
connections live on <3

Cheers

blog: http://slab.org/
--