Re: [livecode] History of Live Coding Communities

From: Alex McLean <alex_at_slab.org>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2016 01:39:39 +0000

Hi Filippo + all,

Sorry for the late reply..

The early stages of the live coding community is captured in the
archive of the first incarnation of this forum:
  https://raw.githubusercontent.com/yaxu/unravelling/master/livecodemlarchive.txt

There is a very out of date list of papers here which nonetheless
serves as a list of early writing:
  https://toplap.org/wiki/Videos,_Articles_and_Papers

Some interviews have been done for a book-in-progress recently,
probing the origins of the community. I'm not sure whether these are
ready to be shared yet though.

Best wishes

alex

On 25 November 2016 at 12:53, Julian Rohrhuber
<julian.rohrhuber_at_musikundmedien.net> wrote:
> ― Attachment links are at the end of this email ―
>
> There is a short chapter on some part of the development here:
>
> Collaboration and learning through live coding, Dagstuhl Seminar 13382, 2013
>
> http://drops.dagstuhl.de/opus/frontdoor.php?source_opus=4420
>

>> On 24.11.2016, at 19:32, Luis Navarro Del Angel <luisnavarrodelangel_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Filippo!
>>
>> Check this link, is a brief history of live coding communities in Mexico.
>>
>> http://www.hernanivillasenor.com/archivos/html/livecoding.html
>>
>> Luis Navarro Del Angel
>> 5591430317

>>> Hello everybody, i need help to trace a short history of live coding
>>> communities in the past years. Actually, I had too much questions, but i
>>> think this ones are the most important at the moment: - W hen a group of
>>> people started to think in a philosophy/aesthetic around the interactive
>>> programming? TOPLAP was the first? If yes, how it started and how it
>>> evolve. There are others? - How this group of people works? They share
>>> information to each others? How? Why? Is there a hierarchy between users?
>>> Crowdsourcing tools influence their productions? - Considering the number
>>> of LC languages today existing, and that every language have a relative
>>> comminities of users/dev, is possible to consider the language as an
>>> expression of philosophy/aesthetic of this group? Or it is just an
>>> instrument? Thank you so much for your help.
>>> All the best, Filippo _____________________________________ Filippo Guida
>>> Musician | Multimedia Artist | SW Developer website:
>>> filippoguida.altervista.com <http://filippoguida.altervista.com/> email:
>>> filippo.guida_at_icloud.com <mailto:filippo.guida_at_icloud.com> linkedIn:

blog: http://slab.org/
music: http://yaxu.org/
crowdfund: http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/spicule/
--