[livecode] [OT] Doctoral studentships possibility (UK/EU)

From: Nick Collins <clicksonnil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 11:02:16 +0100

Dear all,

Sorry for the cross posting. I enclose notice of an opportunity for studentships below (UK/EU, sorry not fully international) which might be of interest if you're considering doctoral study, and have an excellent academic background and strong research proposal idea.

As ever, I make no claim that these are the only studentship opportunities out there; the UK has quite a few consortia of universities offering these at present. It's more a possibility to work with myself (or others) as supervisor if you're a strong candidate.

If you were keen, feel free to contact me off list. I'm interested in supervising projects in live coding, algorithmic composition, machine listening concert systems etc (http://composerprogrammer.com/doctoralstudents.html).

Cheers,
Nick

PhD Studentships in Music at Durham University (deadline 11 JANUARY 2017)

The Department of Music (https://www.dur.ac.uk/music/) invites applications for PhD studentships through the AHRC-funded Northern Bridge Doctoral Training Partnership.
The Northern Bridge Doctoral Training Partnership offers high-quality supervision and exceptional resources, as well as the expertise of a broad portfolio of Strategic Partners for the training and development of outstanding Arts and Humanities postgraduate researchers.

*New this year*
New this year are the northern Bridge Partnership Awards, which give PhD researchers to develop and pursue their project in collaboration with one of Northern Bridge's Strategic Partners. See http://www.northernbridge.ac.uk/studentships/apply/ (note that this opportunity has a deadline for an expression of interest by 31st October).

The awards cover tuition fees and provide a maintenance grant at the RCUK national rate for UK applicants. They cover tuition fees only for EU students; institutional funds permitting, however, we also expect to make maintenance awards to EU students.

We welcome applications from outstanding candidates who can demonstrate evidence of academic excellence at both undergraduate and postgraduate level, as well as evidence of sufficient research skills to undertake the project.

If you wish to be considered for Northern Bridge AHRC funding for a PhD in Music, you must have made an on-line application for a PhD place at Durham by 5pm on Monday 11th January 2017. We would expect that you have already had discussions with appropriate potential supervisor(s) before formal application; staff research interests can be explored via the links here: https://www.dur.ac.uk/music/staff/

For more information, see http://www.northernbridge.ac.uk/studentships/
or get in touch with the Durham subject area contact listed here: http://www.northernbridge.ac.uk/studentships/contacts/ at the earliest opportunity.
For general queries about any of the subject areas in Music, please contact Faye Smith (https://www.dur.ac.uk/music/staff/profile/?id=6343)

--