Re: [livecode] Wtf is live coding?

From: alex <alex_at_slab.org>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2015 00:45:06 +0000

On 31 December 2015 at 00:33, Rob Myers <rob_at_robmyers.org> wrote:
> On 30/12/15 03:48 PM, Amy Alexander wrote:
>> How about "live coding is performative coding" as a way of thinking/talking
>> about it? Not necessarily in the sense of stage performance, but in the
>> sense of performative speech
>
> Yes I think that's excellent, IMO it's ideal in terms of direction and
> generality.

It's a bit strange though, because the 'code' bit implies you don't
know what it does until you run it.. So it's like performing actions
with utterances where you don't know exactly what actions you're
making until you've finished speaking. This is my general experience
of trying to get people to do things anyway.

http://yaxu.org/
--
Read the whole topic here: livecode:
http://lurk.org/r/topic/60g66fjcDBLDAoiAaFqsTN