Re: [livecode] Wtf is live coding?

From: Tristan Strange <tristan.strange_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 13:48:48 +0000

On 26 December 2015 at 12:06, David Griffiths <dave_at_pawfal.org> wrote:
> One of the most exciting things (for me) about livecoding is that it
> exposes a wonderful confusion we have about subject and object - is
> music the outcome or is the code?

I suppose live coding could shine a light on that. This happens
every-time we examine music(perhaps art?) and notation of any type
though doesn't it?

> Do we manipulate sound in order to
> understand the code we're writing, or manipulate code in order to make
> people dance? It's rarely one-directional or simple.

We can do both. It varies from practitioner to practitioner doesn't it?

> This shifting and reasoning with sound also becomes very apparent if you
> use music to teach children how to code.

I'll bet.

--
Read the whole topic here: livecode:
http://lurk.org/r/topic/5UmmTOIXKFGutQSuzBVoOU