Re: [livecode] Wtf is live coding?

From: Shelly Knotts <shelly.knotts_at_hotmail.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 11:21:23 +0000

> From: tristan.strange_at_gmail.com
> Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 11:08:14 +0000
> Subject: Re: [livecode] Wtf is live coding?
> To: livecode_at_group.lurk.org
>
> > Live coding celebrates the ephemerality of definition itself
>
> Jesus Nick, I'd never have guessed you were so flowery!
>
> Some people do that when they live code. An act of live coding could
> be that. That's not what live coding is

why the need for a singular and fixed definition? plurality is interesting. Personally I like the ICLC definitions doc as a stock taking of what the community is doing/thinking about rather than trying to say live coding is or isn't x.
As someone who started live coding in the relatively recent 2012, I see live coding in 2015 as very different to what's described in the TOPLAP manifesto. not tying ourselves down to a specific version of live coding lets us keep developing what we're doing no?

Shelly Knotts
soundcloud.com/shelly-knottsbilensemble.co.uknetworkmusicfestival.org

http://lurk.org/r/topic/ofAxZpxsKFpDRLnoA48Bh