Re: [livecode] livecoding.tv

From: Mike Hodnick <mike.hodnick_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 08:42:50 -0500

Reaction was really good. There were supposedly 34 viewers - which far
surpassed my largest audience of any kind, ha. However, the site doesn't
give you good stats on those viewers, like whether they left soon after
joining, where they were located, or if it counted the same viewers twice
if they left and joined back.

There was an interactive chat which was great. Viewers asked a lot of
questions and there was some good discussion. I took time to answer when I
remembered to look at the chat window. One of the founders of livecoding.tv
was in there and he thought it was pretty cool; he'd never heard of musical
live coding before. Others had similar reactions: "this is crazy", "sounds
weird", "music for robots", "I like repetition, but this....", etc. Folks
seemed to like it and a few were chatting up until the end. At one point
the founder suggested making sure to put future live streams on the
schedule so that I could attract more viewers - so I took that as a
positive sign that they thought it was cool.

I streamed for a little over an hour.

Archived video:
https://www.livecoding.tv/video/internet-algorave-2015-05-12/ (audio is a
bit quiet)

Audio: https://soundcloud.com/kindohm/livecodingtv-stream-2015-05-12

I put myself on the schedule for next Tuesday. I'd like to find a future
time that is more friendly to the Eastern Hemisphere but for now I'm
sticking with nights where I live.

-Mike

http://lurk.org/r/topic/2bOAoBB9n199xsuerK6NMb