Re: [livecode] livecoding.tv

From: Julian Rohrhuber <julian.rohrhuber_at_musikundmedien.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 09:33:55 +0100

maybe toplap has been a verb all along?

To toplap: tacitly operate programming languages and perform
To toplap around: hang about in smoky bars [fig. "don't toplap around!"]
To toplap up: embark upon an activity bound to fail

#toplap

> On 17.03.2015, at 01:30, Amy Alexander <amy_at_plagiarist.org> wrote:
>
> Could also say, "live coding performance." Which brings to mind the fact
> that the term "perform" itself is fraught with confusing multiple
> definitions. So maybe it's not so bad that "live coding" has more than one
> definition/context.

It always had, as far as I can remember. The proliferation of terminology is maybe more a problem of recognition.

http://lurk.org/r/topic/3ETAObbo7HFyMsf6pl1Qas