Re: [livecode] Survey on visualizations in source code

From: Charlie Roberts <bigbadotis_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 19:47:09 -0800

Hey Kas,

Thanks for the feedback. And thanks to everyone else who has already found
time to take it or is planning on participating. Everyone's comments and
answers have been helpful; this is a simple survey but it's giving me some
preliminary results I can use to move forward.

I agree that assigning multiple meanings to flashing is problematic. And
there's a third use of background color that I didn't show, as you can
assign the background color of code fragments to represent the state of
audiovisual properties in the same fashion I used blurring and font size in
the survey examples.

It's all fun to think about, that much is for certain. My favorite pair of
back-to-back comments so far from the survey (both of which I agree with to
some extent):

Subject #8: "Size change and blurring look like gimmicks rather than useful
HCI features."

Subject #9: "the blur effect looks dope."