[livecode] MA in Communication and New Media

From: David Ogborn <ogbornd_at_mcmaster.ca>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 15:56:57 -0500

Dear friends,

Just a note to call your attention to our MA in Communication and New Media's annual call for applications - and for anyone interested in it and not too far location-wise, to an in-person information session we are holding next week. Id also be glad to deal with any questions personally via email. Thanks in advance for forwarding it to anyone you think may be interested! (Apologies for cross-posting, of course.)

Yours truly,
David

M.A. in Communication and New Media, McMaster University, Hamilton
Application deadline: 23 January 2015
Information session: 12 December 2014, 3-5 PM, Togo Salmon Hall 203, McMaster University
For more information: http://csmm.mcmaster.ca/grad/

The Department of Communication Studies & Multimedia at McMaster University is pleased to invite applications to our MA in Communication & New Media for September 2015. We are also pleased to invite prospective applicants to an information session on 12 December 2014, scheduled to take place shortly before Hamilton's monthly art crawl the same evening (https://www.facebook.com/pages/James-North-Art-Crawl/221542261192136)

Our MA graduates have gone on to a variety of study and careers in the areas of communication, media production, media administration, communication policy, organizational communication, public relations and the arts. We especially welcome applications that propose to combine communication and new media in either a major research paper or major creative project.

All MA students are offered teaching assistantships and graduate scholarships, and are considered for additional fellowships and research assistantships.

FAST FACTS

Course Load: 6 one-term courses + pro seminar + major research paper or major creative project

Length of Program: 12 months (3 terms)

Contact Info: Cassandra Weimann, 905.525.9140 Ext. 27575, gradcnm_at_mcmaster.ca

CORE COURSES

CSMM 700: Communication Research Methods
CSMM 712: New Media Methods
CSMM 799: Pro-Seminar

FACULTY

Christina Baade, PhD
(popular music/radio/cultural memory/feminist/queer/critical race theory)

Sara Bannerman, PhD
(copyright/intellectual property/communications law & policy/international governance/communications policy history)

Robert Hamilton, MFA
(media art/animation/design/photography)

Terence (Terry) Flynn, PhD, APR, FCPRS
(public relations/professional communications/crisis communications/reputation management)

David Harris Smith, MFA, PhD
(media art/augmented reality/cultural robotics/artificial intelligence/cultural theory)

Faiza Hirji, PhD
(diasporic & international media/race and ethnicity/gender)

Graham Knight, PhD
(media and activism/news analysis/social theory)

Andrew Mactavish, PhD
(digital games/participatory culture/technoculture & capital/immaterial labour)

Chris Myhr, MFA
(multimedia art/installation/film)

David Ogborn, Mus.Doc
(live coding, network music, code and sound art, software studies, game design, digital humanities)

Liss Platt, MFA
(multimedia art/gender & sexuality/cultural appropriation)

Christine Quail, PhD
(political economy/television studies/media literacy)

Philip Savage, PhD
(audience research/communication policy/political economy/pedagogy)

Alex Svigny, PhD, APR
(public relations/social media/communication measurement/political communication)

Dr. David Ogborn, Associate Professor, Multimedia
Acting Chair, M.A. in Communication & New Media
McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
+1-905-525-9140 ext 27603 http://www.d0kt0r0.net

--
Read the whole topic here: livecode:
http://lurk.org/r/topic/4gvIdJONT9QYf80jP33N2Q