[livecode] Live code hack day, Sheffield UK, 10th January

From: alex <alex_at_slab.org>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2014 13:39:38 +0000

Hi all,

I'm collaborating on a live code + open data culture hack day in
Sheffield UK, 10th January 2015.

We only just decided to do this, I'm looking for people who can show
people around live coding environments in an accessible / beginner
level way. One of the ideas is to use knitting and weaving patterns as
source material, another to use live open data feeds such as air
quality, using live coding environments to explore and reflect upon
data, e.g. via visualisation and sonification. It should be a fun
event, a hackathon about exploring rather than producing, with some
focus on coding as craft. That said it will be colocated with more
'traditional' hackathon activities where people will be making apps
based on open data feeds.

If you'd like to get involved please drop me a line. If you have
proposal for activities we have a small budget for travel +
accommodation.

Take care,

http://yaxu.org/
--