Re: [livecode] algorave at emfcamp?

From: alex <alex_at_slab.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 11:30:35 +0100

Hey all

>From today's perspective, what it really needs is someone else to take
over the whole idea, as I'm feeling really exhausted with juggling too
many things.

I'd really love this to happen, but it probably needs to be bigger
than live coding/algorave.

So it needs someone to
- book a marquee via EMFCamp, would cost at least £250. I can probably
justify paying for this from sound and music funds, although that
would mean scaling back plans for later in the year
- arrange a PA to be there. Could be either Gavin's active PA up from
London, or Rich Ball's soundsystem from Sheffield. Either option would
likely cost some money. I don't know if EMFcamp could contribute or
whether we could find sponsorship
- organise/curate a lot of performances, who'd all have to pay to play
(a couple of free day tickets might be possible). To make this
tractable this probably means delegating to key figures in music tech,
including at Universities (goldsmiths, queen mary, etc). Academics can
be hard to tie down at this time of year. Special care needs to be
taken to get some diversity, e.g. of background, gender, technology
and aesthetic..

Because I'm starting a big project in September I don't think I can
take don't think I can sole ownership of this happening, just help as
much as I can. It could happen and be awesome, though.

So in short I reckon to make it happen it needs a team of volunteers,
but really one enthusiastic person with some time and experience to
take on coordinating it all..

Who's up for that?

Cheers

alex