[livecode] LCRN: Live Coding and the Body symposium, Brighton UK, 4-6th July 2014

From: alex <alex_at_slab.org>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 10:39:21 +0100

Hi all,

AHRC Live Coding Research Network
http://www.livecodenetwork.org

We are happy to announce the launch of the Live Coding Research
Network (LCRN), hosting a diverse series of events and activities over
the next two years, funded by the UK Arts and Humanities Research
Council (AHRC). In addition the TOPLAP organisation will run a
year-long programme of performance events around the country,
supported by the Sound and Music national agency for new music.

If you are unfamiliar with the practice of live coding, for now we
refer you to the website of our sister organisation TOPLAP:
http://toplap.org/about/

Following a successful launch symposium last month, we have three more
symposia, an international conference as well as a range of associated
events already planned.

UPCOMING SYMPOSIA

4th-6th July 2014, University of Sussex, Brighton - "Live coding and the body"

Our second symposium will be preceded by an "algorave" night of
performances at The Loft on the 4th July, with the symposium proper
running on the 5th and 6th of July. This symposium will follow after
the NIME conference in London (http://www.nime2014.org/), which will
itself include a good number of live coding performances and papers.

Please see our website for more information:
  http://www.livecodenetwork.org/2014/04/12/symposium-on-live-coding-and-the-body-and-algorave/

25th-28th September 2014, Birmingham - "Live coding in collaboration
and network music"

Our third symposium will run from the 25th-26th September 2014, with
the first day focussed on doctoral research. It will lead into the
well established Network Music Festival
(http://networkmusicfestival.org/), running over the weekend, which
will itself showcase network-based live coding music amongst its
programme. Watch our website for details.

UPCOMING ASSOCIATED EVENTS

* 26th April, Gateshead from 10pm - An algorave celebrating great
Northern live coders Holger Ballweg, Hellocatfood, Shelly Knotts, Sick
Lincoln, Norah Lorway, Section_9, Yaxu + more. Organised by the
Audacious Art Experiment.
More info: https://www.facebook.com/events/291980540962097/291989147627903/

* 13th May, London - Sonic Pattern and the Textility of Code, a
daytime symposium in collaboration with the Craft Council. More
details on our website next week.

We have much more in the pipeline, please watch our website and social
media feeds for more information:

  http://www.livecodenetwork.org
  http://twitter.com/livecodenet/
  http://facebook.com/livecodenet/

Or get in contact with network co-ordinators Thor Magnusson <Thor
Magnusson <T.Magnusson_at_sussex.ac.uk> and Alex McLean
<a.mclean_at_leeds.ac.uk>

--
Read the whole topic here: livecode:
http://lurk.org/r/topic/4E6GSZXYJvaaEDKZNJ8GGH