[livecode] Livecoding competition at Revision 2014 (April 18th to April 21st)

From: Johann 'cupe' Korndoerfer <cupe-toplap_at_erleuchtet.org>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2014 01:57:18 +0200

 Hi

 Revision 2014, currently the biggest Demoparty, will feature a
 livecoding competition along with its main program:

 http://2014.revision-party.net/events/special#livecoder

 The contestants will have to write programs in GLSL (OpenGL Shading
 Language) from scratch to provide visuals, two opponents at a time,
 visible for the audience in split-screen (a DJ will be playing for them,
 trying to match the visuals in turn). The audience then decides who
 makes it to the next round. You can find examples of what is possible
 with single GLSL programs (with a bit more time though) on
 http://shadertoy.com (needs a WebGL capable browser (chrome works best)
 and a decent graphics card).

 Probably the event will be streamed live, like the other events at the
 party and the seminars; I can provide the link to the stream if there is
 interest. Revision takes place April 18th to April 21st 2014 in
 Saarbrücken, Germany.

 I'll be at the party anyway (although not sure if I'll compete in the
 livecoding compo because I'll have an entry for one of the competitions
 to finish) - if you would like to meet and have a beer, just get in
 touch :)

 And if you don't know what a Demoparty (or the Demoscene) is, you
 better start researching :)

 cheers,
 cupe