Re: [livecode] inaugural live coding in Minneapolis

From: algorithmicmusic <algorithmicmusic_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 09:17:32 +1000

Hi Mike,

Nice to hear about the live coding activity state side - all the best with your gig.

Cheers,

Andrew Brown

On 4 March 2014 at 4:42:24 am, Mike Hodnick (mike.hodnick_at_gmail.com) wrote:

Hey all -

I thought I'd give a little update on what is happening with live-coding here in the States.

I actually got booked for a (first) live-coding gig in Minneapolis. The venue was very receptive to the idea even though they'd never heard of live coding. It's actually at a coffee shop, which isn't what I had in mind, but they seek out unique, local artists to perform every Friday so it should be a good fit...  as well as interesting for the patrons :) I'm hoping that this first gig will help generate more curiosity here.

Also, a programmer-centric venue will be hosting an event/performance here in August. There are a few of us who have started a local live-coding mailing list. Our first meetup will probably be at the end of this month.

I'm unaware of any other momentum with live coding in the States - so I'm eager to hear if there are other small communities starting to spring up.

Anyway, I'm really excited to make a little noise with a computer!

-Mike