Re: [livecode] Arte transcription

From: Sudhi matthews <sudhimatthews_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2014 03:48:13 +0530

Thank Mr.alex for the translation..

-----Original Message-----
From: "alex" <alex_at_slab.org>
Sent: ‎01-‎02-‎2014 01:16 AM
To: "livecode_at_toplap.org" <livecode_at_toplap.org>
Subject: [livecode] Arte transcription

Hi all,

There was recently a live coding / algorave feature on Arte TV, with
footage from the live.code.fest and some interviews.
  http://toplap.org/live-coding-on-arte-tv/

For those who do not understand French or German, I've taken the
automatic transcript from youtube, and passed it through google
translate. Here it is. .

0:03
- Thursday night in london
0:06
a series of improbable characters like this is what music
0:10
electronic programmed in real time and in public
0:13
Welcome to the lightning ii
0:23
jared bernstein programming has always been some thing
0:26
elitist floor began even live blogging complete language are
0:30
easy access they allow people to do things together in public
0:34
this is where we find the principle of movement punk for sure
0:37
increase but also improv jazz 15 and while a lot of ideas
0:41
come from musical traditions they do not go against the bias
0:44
which means that the coding or something sterile still
0:47
boring or lonely techie help us
0:53
August 2000 alex maclean was unfounded slam a group of pros
0:57
he also co-director Antoine some music labels algorithmics
1:01
a hunter and musicians he scrap these lines of code in the world
1:06
as here in an art gallery district London garrett neff
1:17
for his performance he needs two things his laptop and a
1:21
video projector
1:22
but beware you must follow the rules of the genre first command
1:26
lightning the screen you show nothing
1:34
Here the athletes of the hill is a rather technical kind
1:38
musical
1:39
while some use to the electro-acoustic music
1:42
which is geared more toward the sound to the rhythm
1:47
but as an appetite suppressant massa I use to make techno I
1:51
think it is very simple but perhaps not very clean
1:54
years, but it pretty much do the same music with another technique
1:57
the difference here is that the code is visible it is entirely part of the
2:02
rap Performance
2:05
Thunderbolt also involved in the organization ventured place
2:09
created to ensure the proliferation of real-time programming
2:14
Code generator is imaged and blood
2:19
we have seen the result covers the entire spectrum of electronic music
2:27
sensors to technotronic clip dirty ambiance me
2:52
alexander guard
2:54
lightning discovered two years ago in the heart of the Mexican community
2:58
Latin America
3:01
this command just dial up during parts
3:03
for experimental contemporary ensemble today she prefers
3:06
focus algorithms and frequency bands
3:10
last year she studied in the department without stabilizes me
3:13
university of art berlin
3:32
Corn instrument that I programmed 6 is based on what
3:35
the Sercel bouheyrots called
3:37
This is somewhat similar to white noise for all frequencies by the same
3:41
volume as white light
3:43
a place in the euro area 5 frequencies are not all the same
3:46
6 volumes
3:47
this is indeed a love potion and I rose in a frequency range
3:51
they were between 500 1500 26
3:54
to be a little actuate al- assad today I selected a number
3:58
between the two and if it will determine what constitutes the tick
4:06
discrete and that is tricky because if you make a mistake that is
4:09
forced regulates a parenthesis too
4:13
Indeed the performance there was nothing for 10 minutes just because
4:17
a detail as Sartre is terrible you like this calculation
4:24
unlike formatted fund established by each software
4:28
category the WSF born keyboard
4:30
and members
4:32
for the lightning that uses all the strings open source it is a question
4:36
honor
4:38
ap
4:44
he knew his father in the lightning can count on each other
4:48
- Calculation when you do not know how to do something you ask someone
4:52
else it gives us no problem these snippets samurai attire
4:56
it is a complete new way of thinking radically different world
5:00
capitalist accumulation based on the individual
5:03
- Here michèle wealth comes from sharing
5:08
is not writing software for making money and for everyone to enjoy the
5:13
series
5:16
concept without roots in the culture for two hours Thursday alex
5:19
the city is specialized in the rooms correa
5:24
for a week a bit but we do not want that programming is confined
5:27
to weird performance art
5:28
m it pains me we want to make it a festival experience here but
5:33
algorithms here that are part of our daily lives, but it is the
5:36
see a creative day as a means of expression goes better
5:41
check it proves that music is computer generated
5:44
5:44
it is not limited to shield her husband