Re: [livecode] teaching kids to "live code"

From: alex <alex_at_slab.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 10:08:20 +0000

Hey all,

I'm planning on doing some workshops with younger people this year too
and am hoping to take a craft approach, teaching pattern making with
both yarn and code.

The live coding research network formally starts next month, and has a
research workshop on live coding and education scheduled for early
2015. It could be a nice opportunity to bring this activity together,
ideas towards this very welcome!

Back to the original question, Andrew already included Mark Guzdial's
blog in his comprehensive list of resources, but I'd just recommend
looking up Mark's work on "Media Computation" in particular.

Cheers,

alex

--
http://yaxu.org/