[livecode] Hello / introduction...

From: Darren Mothersele <darren_at_darrenmothersele.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 14:23:53 +0000

Hi,

I'm Darren, I'm new to this list so I thought I'd send an introduction.

I got introduced to the world of live coding by Davide Della Casa and Guy John at the recent MozFest in London. I'd been working on a art/projection project for London Decompression (Burning Man event) and was building visualisations for projection using openFrameworks.

I was running visualisations from the Raspberry Pi and compiling the code each time was taking forever, so after seeing LiveCodeLab I decided to make the visualisations scriptable so I could tweak them without having to recompile everything each time. After developing this a bit further I came up with Cyril, a simple scripting language for live coded visuals. I've put a preview version online: http://cyrilcode.com/index.html and I'll be releasing the source code soon.

Oh, and just as I was typing this I see Cyril got a mention on the TOPLAP blog, thanks!

Cheers,

Darren