Re: [livecode] a paper on live programming

From: alex <alex_at_lurk.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 18:48:07 +0100

On 9 April 2013 11:27, Ross Bencina <rossb-lists_at_audiomulch.com> wrote:
> "time-separable programming" vs "non-time-separable programming" perhaps?
>
> What are the options for injecting time back in? Seems like that got thrown
> out when Alonzo showed up. And monads just treat it like a bag on the side.

I wasn't really thinking in terms of modelling time in a program, but
recognising that computer programming can be a form of use. That is,
the timeline in which a program is written can be the same time in
which it is used. This does mean that timestamps in revision control
systems are relevant to execution too, so I guess then the RCS ends up
being part of the model of time.

The lambda the ultimate comments are turning into a bit of a liveness
turfwar. http://lambda-the-ultimate.org/node/4715

http://yaxu.org/