[livecode] Interesting books

From: alex <alex_at_lurk.org>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 11:58:01 +0000

Some interesting reading material..

This Christopher Hancock's 2003 thesis "Real-Time Programming and the
Big Ideas of Computational Literacy" has been cited to support the
notion that "live programming" is a completely category from "live
coding":
  http://llk.media.mit.edu/papers/ch-phd.pdf

This is a bit strange as it's all about liveness and code, and there's
plenty about music, dance and embodiment in there. I haven't got to
the end though, maybe I'll see the distinction soon.

So far it is really interesting. Maybe it is already well known, I see
Andrew Sorensen has already cited it, new to me though..

The other one I've found is Musical Creativities in Practice by Pamela
Burnard, which contains interviews with live coders (I've spotted
Andrew Brown and Nick Collins) amongst more general discussion of
music and creativity. Really looking forward to reading this one -
maybe others missed the announcement!
  http://books.google.co.uk/books?lr=&id=fUxcgzTl46IC&q=live+coding

Cheers

alex