Re: [livecode] live transmission

From: alex <alex_at_lurk.org>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 22:45:01 +0000

Hi Charlie,

On 12 January 2013 20:30, Charlie Roberts <bigbadotis_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm curious to know the tech setup for this, the IRC compositing is
> particularly sweet... taking the nerd factor of live coding to another
> level.

It's done with gstreamer, which merges jack audio and a screencast
with text from an irc log piped in over OSC, encodes as ogg theora and
streams it to the browser via icecast:
  https://github.com/yaxu/screencast/blob/master/lurkcast.c

> Really enjoying this, thanks Alex.

Glad you enjoyed it, sorry for the dropouts - I need to remember to
configure jackd properly next time..

cheers

alex