[livecode] Invitation to participate in masselgarcoding!

From: Scott Wilson <i_at_scottwilson.ca>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 11:51:34 +0100

Hi All,

Some of you may remember Dan Stowell's lovely massradiocoding from the SuperCollider Symposium at Wesleyan University. Well BEER, our laptop ensemble here at the University of Birmingham, will be performing a special version of that called masselgarcoding as part of the opening festival for the Bramall Music Building, giving the same treatment to Elgar's Pomp and Circumstance No.1.

I'd like as many people as possible to come and take part in that and really break in the new Elgar Concert Hall. Let's hope the donors are pleased!

The concert is in the evening of November 30th. Requirements for participation are basic SuperCollider skills, a laptop or other computer that you can bring, and enthusiasm! Some familiarity with JITLib and simple live coding would be great, but I'll do a workshop earlier in the day for people who are new to it, and provide some boilerplate code.

Timetable November 30th

10AM Workshop for new live-coders
4-630PM Dress Rehearsal
7:30PM Concert

If you're interested in taking part, or have any questions, please send a message to: masselgarcoding_at_contacts.bham.ac.uk

Best,

S.

PS Apologies for cross-posting, and please feel free to pass this on!