Re: [livecode] "Revolution" was renamed "LiveCode" in the fall of 2010.

From: Craig Latta <craig_at_netjam.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 23:30:41 +0200

Hi Julian--

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LiveCode
>
> "Revolution" was renamed "LiveCode" in the fall of 2010. "LiveCode"
> is developed and sold by Runtime Revolution Ltd., based in Edinburgh,
> Scotland.

     Yeah, I think Alex pointed them out at the time. I found TOPLAP
purely through a similar naming coincidence, so I've been following our
Scottish friends' progress. They're mostly concerned with "mobile" "app"
development, and it was also a couple of years ago that I fell in with
another mobile dev community, Appsterdam. Oh, and the "LiveCode" product
is descended rather directly from HyperCard, made by some of the folks
who made Smalltalk, my favorite programming language.

     So at any moment something really cosmic is gonna happen...

-C

--
Craig Latta
www.netjam.org/resume