Re: [livecode] online toy live coding environment

From: Davide Della Casa <davidedc_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 18:55:35 +0100

>> It works well and quite
>> smoothly. I did find myself longing for a sin and cos and when those
>> didn't work for a list of available stuff.
>
> Here, the yucky java heritage pokes through ;) - try Math.sin()

Yes good point, sin and cos and family will be available just the same as Processing does it, without the Math object thingy. We'll probably just use the same code as processing.js, just didn't come around to do it.

Maybe we could add a special "wave" or "wavy" variable that contains the equivalent of sin(millis()/1000 ). To be determined whether it should wave from -1 to 1 or from 0 to 1, might depend how it behaves in the sketches.

>> Are functions like a sine expected to be too complicated for the
>> intended audience (I certainly didn't enjoy classes on those, back
>> then!)? Maybe it'd make sense to have the indicator that some term is
>> unknown also offer a list of what is known?
>
> Yes, for example some kind of autocomplete might help dicover new keywords?

Yes think CodeMirror provides something like that, so that's a good idea that could be done as well...

Cheers,
Davide