(wrong string) …

From: Patrick Borgeat <patrick_at_borgeat.de>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 22:44:29 +0100

It's not really meant to be controlled by the mouse. It loads the complete texture into client memory and plays it as audio. The texture is reloaded when whole texture was played (or if code was recompiled).

To allow the audio to react quickly to mouse movements one would need use small blocks that are updated more frequently. In theory it's possible but it would be a different thing and the relation visual to the image would get lost (as an Image would only be 32x32 pixels or so).

It's also tricky to design shaders where the successive image data results in a continuous audio signal without clicks or other discontinuations as no state is preserved throughout rendering calls (actually it can be done by smuggling some info to the target framebuffer, encoded as colors).

But I won't implement any of this, sorry!

cheers,
Patrick