[livecode] Live notation

From: alex <alex_at_lurk.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 12:21:50 +0000

Hi all,

Just a quick heads up, I've been working on a project with live artist
Hester Reeve, which seeks to create a dialogue between live coders and
live artists. We've just received initial research development funds
from the UK Arts and Humanities Research Council.

"Live art" here refers to time based fine art, see
http://www.thisisliveart.co.uk/about_us/what_is_live_art.html

The main idea is for live artists and live coders to understand one
another's practices while developing their own, as opposed to direct
collaboration although that is not off the table. Part of the project
is also to develop TOPLAP into a more formal research network, where
useful.

It's a small grant, running over six months, but should be really
interesting and will hopefully lead into larger projects. I think the
first event will be as part of the LoveBytes festival in Sheffield on
Thursday the 22nd March. More details soon..

Best wishes,

alex