[livecode] ixi lang version 3 released

From: thor <th.list_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 14:52:44 +0000

Hi all.

After a summer using, demoing and getting great user feedback of ixi lang, I am now releasing version 3 of the system. It can be downloaded from here:

http://www.ixi-audio.net/ixilang

and here are some new videos:
http://vimeo.com/ixi

Julio d'Escrivan has also posted some interesting sessions:
http://youtu.be/8r4CoAukYRQ

How to hook up with Ableton Live using ixi lang as a master MIDI clock:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mFI05sEf1w

And Ash Sagar recently performed with ixi lang in York:
http://vimeo.com/31809728

I guess what might be interesting to some here on the TOPLAP list are the snapshots of code, i.e. how to jump back in time to a state in the code when the snapshot was taken. Also these can can be stored (with code and its internal state), so an active environment can be called up in another session (with snapshots intact, etc.). A rather nasty sounding video of these features can be found here:
http://vimeo.com/31877949

Also, a new feature is savescore and playscore, where the performance can be replicated exactly as it happened in, say, a live performance. This is possible as I store the random seed of every session, which makes it possible to replicate exactly the algorithmic choices the language takes. (but you can also create variations of the performances by giving it new names which are turned into unique random seeds : )

I hope you enjoy playing with ixi lang.

thor