[livecode] A thought experiment

From: Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 19:02:14 +0200

Dear list,

I have a little thought experiment; there are many licences in the software
world, mostly dealing with under what conditions you can re-distribute, use
and modify code. This is a good thing, I feel, at least within the current
copyright system. What I'm not sure we have yet is a licence that allows
public usage of code *only* under the condition that it is modified, or
perhaps that the usage itself modifies it. For example there are versions of
the Creative Commons that permit modification, but I can't find any that
require it.

Trying something like that as a licence for livecoding examples might be a
fun experiment; the purpose of those will be quite different from the kind
of assumed purpose of GPL-ed code, for example.

Not sure this makes any sense, or whether it is of any interest to anyone.
Ignore if this is a crap idea ;-).

Yours,
Kas.