Re: [livecode] genetic livecoding

From: Al Matthews <prolepsis_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 09:25:12 -0400

Does the MM really have to be reserved for prediction? Supposing a
series of flourishes, agents, programs, what have you, assembled as a
graph; and some number of these traversed manually, or otherwise, to
approximate a gesture. Perhaps one simply trains the MM to attempt
subsequent traversals, adding new or sufficiently similar material?

Then the short-range leanings of MMs are preserved, positioning the
fitness function as assessor and perhaps mutator of the MM, at
whatever appropriate point in the foodchain.

Granted, in this scenario you'd be abstracting to a pretty high level
the decision-making of the MM, which in turn might require a
sympathetically broad model of musical gesture.

Thanks for comment,

Al

--
Al Matthews