Re: [livecode] genetic livecoding

From: Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 10:26:22 +0200

No! But if you have a population, you might be able to build a
> predictor based on the whole lot...

Right, yes, that could work. We could also analyse "families" that way to
pick a part of the population where we expect individuals to be more
interesting.

Also nice would be trying to say something about the relationship between
themes. If we somehow "breed" a theme that we like we will then need other
themes to add variation to the song. At that point we need a theme B that
doesn't only fit our criteria for "musicality", but also some criteria for
being related to theme A.

Oh, really quite exciting, this. I hope Dave will post recordings of what
comes out.

Kas.