Re: [livecode] Softwareblocks

From: thor <th.list_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 22:27:13 +0300

On 15 Sep 2011, at 21:54, alex wrote:

> On 15 September 2011 18:50, thor <th.list_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>> Been quiet here for a while. I'm at ISEA and yesterday night I met
>> Sander Veenhof who told me about his Softwareblocks project:
>>
>> http://www.sndrv.nl/softwareblocks/
>
> Wow has he tried any prototypes?

Yes, he's tried it and will send me a video when he's recorded one,
but he mentioned that lots of people he presented the idea to were
sceptical that it would be a good idea to teach so young kids programming.
Any comments? What would be the benefits or potential dangers?

>> Do people know of other programming environments for (young) kids?
>
> My 3 year old son enjoys programming these bees at his preschool:
> http://www.tts-group.co.uk/shops/tts/Products/PD1723538/Bee-Bot-Floor-Robot/?rguid=92b201eb-0c85-4e38-a297-35932cbc56b6

This looks quite nice. For that price, it better not break in the first week like
much of the plastic stuff nowadays. Have you tried one?