[livecode] Sound Travels Intensive, Toronto, Aug 16-20

From: David Ogborn <ogbornd_at_mcmaster.ca>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 15:14:34 -0400

Hi all,

We'll be doing some laptop orchestra live coding as part of the Sound Travels Intensive - if anyone is looking for a workshop opportunity in Toronto this August, check it out! A lot of the laptop orchestra stuff will be presented in Chuck, as it will draw on things we have been doing with the Cybernetic Orchestra at McMaster University (often but not always using Chuck). Here is an excerpt from the official description plus links to more info, registration, etc:

"The Sound Travels Intensive is an opportunity for artists, composers and musicians from across Canada and around the world to create and present new work in Toronto, exchange ideas with others, and hone their skills in diverse aspects of sound and electroacoustic practice. Five intense days of workshop sessions, private instruction and creative activity culminate in a public concert presentation at Toronto's Artscape Wychwood Barns. This year's Intensive features masterclasses by renowned acousmatic composer Jonty Harrison, alongside core workshops in audio production (Darren Copeland), DIY electronics (Rob Cruickshank) and interactive audio & MaxMSP (David Ogborn) with guest lectures by Marla Hlady and Jessica Thompson."

Info: http://www.naisa.ca/soundtravels/intensive.html
Registration: https://www.naisa.ca/eshops/eintensive.php

If you're interested, or know people who would be interested - don't hesitate to get in touch/put them in touch with me!

Yours truly,
David

Dr. David Ogborn, Assistant Professor
Communication Studies & Multimedia
Director, Cybernetic Orchestra & ESP Studio
McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada

ogbornd --at-- mcmaster.ca
http://davidogborn.net
http://twitter.com/ogbornd