Re: [livecode] Quoth last night

From: Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 12:07:16 +0200

Yes so true, it seems error messages and warnings (which are often

> errors too) are the last thing that compiler writers think about. I
> guess it is difficult to get right, we pretend to write meaningful
> programs but so much that is meaningful, like variable names,
> commentary, spatial arrangement etc is ignored by the compiler. So it
> really has little to go on in trying to work out what you were trying
> to do.

Indeed. Racket does something interesting here; when a brace is missing it
tries to use indentation (which is otherwise meaningless) to figure out
where it should likely be in its reporting.

Otherwise those errors aren't especially good, but that's at least one step
in the right direction.

Kas.