Re: [livecode] live coding

From: Patrick Borgeat <patrick_at_borgeat.de>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 19:07:52 +0100

Hi folks,

I'm Patrick, 25 years old, living in Karlsruhe, Germany and I'm live
coding music in my live coding band Benoît and the Mandelbrots using
SuperCollider. What I love about it is, that you never really know
where a performance is taking you. New stuff comes up all the time, so
I like the creative aspect of it. Also I'm quite a nerd and coding
makes me feel good.

Our band's got a website: http://www.the-mandelbrots.de

I recently started doing live-visuals at parties. I use a rendering/
graphics/compositing system written with OpenFrameworks, but I
controll everything through OSC with SuperCollider code which i write
or modify in the performance (I don't project it though). Especially
the Pattern stuff is great for beat synced visuals. Here live coding
is also a time saver, because i don't have to come up with a GUI.

cheers,
Patrick