[livecode] TOPLAP meet at ICMC?

From: alex <alex_at_lurk.org>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 23:19:51 +0100

Hi all,

There's been a lot of interesting livecoding developments and papers
lately... I was wondering if we should organise a TOPLAP event around
ICMC 2011, which is in Huddersfield in the UK this year.

Some ideas could be:

- Propose a panel etc for the unconference part of ICMC (Scott Hewitt
is involved in this I understand)
- Organise an off-ICMC music event like what Matthew Yee-King's did at
ICMC in Belfast
- Organise something before or after the event somewhere scenic nearby
-- perhaps hire out a youth hostel for a couple of nights (can be
quite cheap, maybe £20 each for two days)
- Organise something before or after the event, but in London, or some
other city

I'd be up for any of all of this... Perhaps most keen on hiring out
somewhere for a couple of nights in a nice part of Yorkshire with
between ten and thirty live coders and other interested people,
showing each other's systems, doing small performances and relaxing
before/after ICMC. I'll be living in Sheffield (which is near
Huddersfield) around then and happy to act as local organiser. Or is
ICMC enough without adding stuff on to it?

Any thoughts?

Cheers

http://yaxu.org/