Re: [livecode] microcode / codelets

From: Rob Myers <rob_at_robmyers.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 21:45:05 +0100

On 07/29/2010 09:08 PM, Julian Rohrhuber wrote:

> So in that context, it seems your quote says that the bare "mere"-ness of processes, gained by their uselessness and counter-productivity, are the true roots of meaning and life?

It's more that making very simple programs have meaning that greatly
exceeds the literal effects of their operation is artistically and
philosophically interesting.

I do enjoy, and sometimes use, the idea that art's value is in its
uselessness but I don't think it describes the whole picture:

http://robmyers.org/weblog/2006/02/an-excerpt-from-a-recounting-of-an-adventure-by-baron-munchausen.html

;-)

- Rob.