Re: [livecode] microcode / codelets

From: Rob Myers <rob_at_robmyers.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 20:56:56 +0100

On 07/29/2010 07:44 PM, Julian Rohrhuber wrote:
> This is what we've been doing all along, also what we have called codelets:
> http://pallit.lhi.is/microcodes/

I reviewed that project for Furtherfield:

http://www.furtherfield.org/displayreview.php?review_id=337

"This is a Romantic use of code, a projection of human experience onto
mere material existence. Processes become lives or individuals, network
sockets become voices or eyes. And in a Nietschean twist some of the
code can be genuinely destructive for data. But it works the other way
round as well, demonstrating that meaning can be found in or recovered
from mere processes."

- Rob.