[livecode] olympic livecoding in SC at the LAC2010 - come join and participate!

From: nescivi <nescivi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 10:17:48 -0400

Hiho,

I've been invited to set up a livecoding session with SC for the Linux Audio
Conference 2010, May 1-4, in Utrecht, the Netherlands.
(http://lac.linuxaudio.org/2010)

The actual performance of this will be at Monday, May 3rd, starting at 9pm.

I've come up with a simple setting, based on AdC's and Julians Republic, and
inspired on AdC's Oracle function he wrote years ago... and have named it
Olympic Livecoding, because of the Oracle involved, and the idea of
participation more than competition.

The concept is to have the Oracle give some ingredients to code with every so
often (still have to determine that optimal time...), in two variants, which
will be alternated between:
- SynthDef ingredients (so a bunch of UGens, and unary and binary operators).
- Pattern ingredients (to sequence the created SynthDefs).
(and I'll be only using the main distro to generate these ingredients...)

I'm developing the codebase here (for the infrastructure):
http://github.com/sensestage/olympic
in case anyone wants to try out (I'll try and clean up the instructions soon).

Anyway, I'm hoping to get between 6 and 10 people around the table
participating... and I've come up with a scheme to show all the executed code
in one view on the projector, plus it'll be easy to share each other's code...

So, if anyone wants to join in, participating in this event... please let me
know!

sincerely,
Marije