Re: [livecode] apr 14 Steim, amsterdam

From: Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 16:53:50 +0200

On 7 April 2010 00:47, evan.raskob [lists] <lists_at_lowfrequency.org> wrote:

> damn, i'd love to come, taku is a friend of mine and i'd been planning a
> trip to amsterdam for awhile, but it ain't gonna happen until 1st week in
> june, if it does.

It turns out that you (and others!) can be there -in a way- if you'd like.
Because Taku wants these nights to introduce styles of music to people so
he'd like to distribute (using USB keys and the like) some audio examples.

I was thinking of borrowing some pieces from the TOPLAP cd (that would be
ok, right?) but even nicer might be to just borrow one or two of the real
historical pieces and invite list-members to donate recordings for this
occasion. If anyone has some recording that would fit this, or feels
inspired to make one I'd be delighted and honoured to pass it on.

Since this will be distributed as data (not as a audio CD) it would seem to
me that releasing a zip or folder with both audio and code would also be
quite appropriate.

I also noted that Slub just uploaded some nice pictures of their
performances to Facebook. If anyone else has quality pictures of
performances that are either very representative or especially exotic I'd
also like to use those to illustrate my presentation. Full attribution will
of course be given.

Yours,
Kas.