Re: [livecode] apr 14 Steim, amsterdam

From: Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 22:53:33 +0200

Jan-Kees;

would be happy to play there with you,
> but i will be abroad for work (and it's even my mothers birthday:/ ) ...
> i hope we can do it another time !

Yes, that makes total sense. Can't argue with travelling schedules, (or
birthdays, or mothers for that matter).

I would really like to once play in a ensemble including at least ChucK,
Max/PD and SC, perhaps Fluxa too. Slub regularly plays inter-system jams but
their setups are highly personal. So, yeah, let's simply do that once.
Marije is moving back to NL soon-ish. If those Londoners can do
get-togethers we should be able to do some in Amsterdam or The Hague as
well.

If it's still standing in a few months (squats, lawsuits, etc) I'd like to
do a experiment with projecting on the floor while housing the audience on
balconies in this wonderful space we have here in The Hague.

> ot: i went to build a benjolin synth at steim the other day with rob
> hordijk,
> i am very happy with it (i heard you work with rob, and i saw the big
> benjolin install you made,
> please send him a greet :)
>

> Ah, yes! That one was meant to address my *other* issue with electronic
music performance; the lack of instruments suitable for playing with more
than one person at a time. To explain; for this I build two huge-ish boxes
with 8 8cm knobs each that house a amp, speaker and a chaotic analogue synth
done by Rob. It works well, I found that it's more inviting to people with
no prior experience with electronic music to play them together. Perhaps the
tradition is more important than the size to "experts", or perhaps "experts"
are more territorial. I'd once like to have a instrument for multiple people
that's also quite clear and open about it's workings (this one is more about
exploration) at the same time, yet still accessible to novice musicians.

Not sure that is OT, it might be, but my gut feeling says it's (or should
be, eventually) at least related to TOPLAP concerns.

At any rate; thanks for your kinda words and I will.

Yours,
Kas.