Re: [livecode] survey results and ICMC paper

From: Click Nilson <clicksonnil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 19:20:59 +0000

Without wishing to undermine the debates on Turing completeness, I
think the status of al jazari is a bit tongue in cheek in this case.
It's a good example for discussing those issues, and Dave is gracious
enough to let its TOPLAP status be a nice placeholder for such
debates. We all like it regardless...

In general, unless we're talking the autonomous AI live coders, humans
are involved in live coding and make sure the whole available
computing resources are complete. Whether the individual affordances
of their local computing interface allow certain mathematical
manipulations is an important question. But I also suppose performers
can hack new versions as necessary, or break out pen and paper, or
play within their own brains?

This gets me thinking about new neuroscientific performances based
around EEG sonified/visualised live thinking. Set up a repetitive
inner action and then think about changing your mind?

bestest,
Nick