Re: [livecode] generating random MIDI events

From: Josh Lawrence <hardbop200_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 16:55:59 -0600

first, a big thanks for the replies! Juan, I'm going to hit you up
for some of that code, but Aykut has brought up something I've always
been curious about...

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 4:29 PM, Aykut Caglayan
<aykut_caglayan_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> try Grace => http://commonmusic.sourceforge.net/

can this run on Linux? I can't seem to find any mention of it on the
site, but I haven't really dug in yet.

> and execute this Lisp code
> ((define (HardBopMidiEvents NoteRangeMin NoteRangeMax RhyValMin RhyValMax
> Length )
>   (process repeat Length
>            do
>            (send "mp:midi" :key (between NoteRangeMin NoteRangeMax))
>            (wait (between RhyValMin RhyValMax))))
> (sprout (HardBopMidiEvents 40 80 .1 .8 10))

ok, I've seen common music talked about for a long time, but never
tried it b/c it always seemed "wizard-like," and yet your code looks,
errm, easy? elegant is a better word...it's pretty and
understandable. is all common music code like this? supercollider
always confused me because it looked too much like code, but this cm
stuff looks not like code, but like words, and that is something I
feel I can learn.

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com