Re: [livecode] Fwd: IEEE1588 patent encumbered -- project needs different leader

From: James McCartney <asynth_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 12:19:45 -0800

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 11:53 AM, Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> In that case I would use events, with a central clock broadcasting them,
> just like you.

Tempo worked in SC version 2 as well, which was not client-server and
did not broadcast events, it was coroutine based just like Chuck.

> ChucK has no build in concept of "beat", which I think is a advantage as we
> get to define what a beat is to us in a given scenario.

I have to disagree that this is an advantage. There is some amount of
logic in making synchronized tempo work correctly, and it is nice to
have it available and just work. "shreduling" "shreds" on a tempo
clock instead of a sample clock is a feature that should just be added
to Chuck.

--
--- james mccartney