Re: [livecode] Fwd: IEEE1588 patent encumbered -- project needs different leader

From: James McCartney <asynth_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 11:14:28 -0800

I agree that given Ge's goals, different choices had to be made. I
don't want to make this into a Chuck vs SC thread.

What I meant about tempo was that (at least at the time I looked at
Chuck which was admittedly early in its development) if you were to
schedule an event some time representing a certain number of beats in
the future and then later change the tempo, the time of the future
event would not automatically adjust in the proper manner. And if you
have several "shreds" running then they could get out of sync across
tempo changes. In SC, if events are scheduled on a tempo clock and the
tempo changes, even at arbitrary points between events, then events
being scheduled from different tasks will stay in sync.

I don't even find "tempo" in the Chuck manual. In the section on time
and timing, durations are only in seconds or samples. There is an
example of defining a "quarter" as fixed at half a second.

--
--- james mccartney