Re: [livecode] Fwd: IEEE1588 patent encumbered -- project needs different leader

From: nescivi <nescivi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 11:27:55 -0500

On Thursday 21 January 2010 10:49:18 Tom Lieber wrote:
In the US, the android o/s has
> >> multitouch disabled, because Apple have the US software patent on
> >> touching your computer in more than one place at the same time.
> >> Software patents may well come to Europe in the near future.
> >
> > From when does this patent date?
> > I've seen multitouch surfaces (not from Apple) a long time before the
> > iPhone came out, so just wondering...
>
> These seem to be the relevant patents:
>
> http://www.google.com/patents?q=apple%20multi-touch&btnG=Search%20Patents&a
> s_psrg=1

Hmm... I think I saw Sukandar Kartadinata use a multitouch gestural keyboard
for his laptop computer in 2003, which would make these patents (which seem a
bit specific in what they do from a quick first glance) invalid because of
prior art. I don't remember from which manufacturer he got the keyboard...

sincerely,
Marije