Re: [livecode] ixi lang

From: Chris McCormick <chris_at_mccormick.cx>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 11:25:23 +0100

On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 11:10:04AM +0100, Chris McCormick wrote:
> > Very interesting point, important I think. Do you have an example of
> > PD code that is instantly understandable at a glance, that is
> > difficult to understand in (say) idiomatic java code?
>
> I don't, but I think it would be possible to come up with some, especially in
> the realm of low level DSP. Oh here's a similar example: I have seen an image
> of a Plogue Bidule patch of the freeverb plugin which was easier for me to
> understand than reading the C sourcecode of the same plugin.

Wait, this is lies! The image of the Plogue Bidule patch
<http://www.plogue.com/img/Freeverb.png> makes the basic structure of the
algorithm clear immediately, but the C file is neccessary to get actually
useful implementation details like constants and specific low level DSP
operations.

Hmmm.

Chris.

http://mccormick.cx