Re: [livecode] ixi lang

From: thor <th.list_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 14:24:02 +0100

Kassen, good points.

Regarding fanaticism, prejudice and preferences, perhaps if we focus
on the coder and
his/her coding style _in a particular_ performance rather than the
environment, the
fanatics won't be so inflexible and stubborn. ??

Which I guess is necessary as well, because one can code clearly and
messily in every
environment. Just consider the choice of variable names in text based
or the layout in dataflow langs.

The survey would thus not be about the system but about the
presentation of it in
a particular performance. Subquestions would be about the environment
itself.

But you are right, this has to be carefully designed. Which is why a
collaborative effort would be good.

thor